CEB‘s global research of over 4 million business professionals found that only 17% scored high enough to qualify for insight selling. Feel like you might not fall into that 17% when trying to make a sale? Companies increase sales by building an effective sales message. So how do you know if your sales messaging needs improvement? Here are 6 surefire signs that your sales messages is in desperate needs of an overhaul. How many of these describe you or your company?
- The Sales Plateau: If your sales have been average for an extended period of time, it might be time to analyze your sales message. After all, the goal of any business is to have a constant increase across the board. As such, a sales plateau should be seen as just as much of a threat as a sales decline. However, to increase profitability, you have to increase sales probability. What’s directly tied to your sales probability? Your sales message. So here’s your sign: if sales have remained stagnant, it’s time to fine tune your sales message.
- The Face-to-Face Fail: There are many ways to make a sale, but face-to-face is one of the most important. If you’re struggling to close the deal when face-to-face with prospects, your sales message is likely the culprit.
- The Bored Audience: There is no clearer indication that your messaging needs some serious saving than a bored audience. If you can’t engage your audience, you can’t make a sale; plain and simple.
- The Failed Attempts: Have you tried training sessions in the past that haven’t generated sales or influenced action? Try changing your perspective. Look to a new sales message, not to more training.
- The Head Scratcher: Does your sales pitch leave your audience confused? A confused lead will never turn into a solid sale. No one is going to buy into something that they don’t understand.
- The Sloppy Sell: Selling is a language of its own, and unfortunately, it’s one many aren’t fluent in. If you communicate poorly when making a pitch, it’s time to overhaul.
Did any of these signs hit close to home? That’s where we come in. We’re here to help increase your emotional intelligence by learning to effectively communicate, and when it comes to making a sale, the basis of that communication comes down to your message. The keys to success? Reframe your perspective. Reform your communication. See rising results.